Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a bitmask to represent role attributes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a bitmask to represent role attributes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I am with Tom on this --- there is more wasted space in the 'name'
> column pg_authid.rolname than by shoving 40 boolean values into a
> bitmap.  Adding the complexity of a bitmap doesn't make sense here.  I
> also apologize for the late feedback.

Okay, it seems we have a majority that does not want this patch -- at
least Tom, Robert and Bruce plus-one'd the reversion.  I am going to
revert it, mainly because I don't want to be on the hook for fixing it
later on.  I'm also going to mark it Rejected in commitfest.

Adam and Stephen can rework as they see fit, according to whatever
acceptable design is found.