table vs domain constraints in ObjType - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject table vs domain constraints in ObjType
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Right now, both table and domain constraints share the same
classification in the ObjType enum, OBJECT_CONSTRAINT.  For my patch to
implement improved object drop reporting in event triggers, it is
necessary to separate them, as per in the attach patch.

One emerging side-effect is that it is now possible to execute COMMENT
ON domain constraints, which wasn't previously possible.  (I added \dd
support to psql as well.)

This is part of the patch for "replicating DROP commands across
servers",
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20140826135459.GD6343@eldon.alvh.no-ip.org
which I just split up.

Attachment