Re: Role Attribute Bitmask Catalog Representation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Role Attribute Bitmask Catalog Representation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I think we should create a new header file (maybe acltypes.h or
> > acldefs.h), which only contains the AclMode and RoleAttr typedefs and
> > their associated defines; that one would be included from parsenodes.h,
> > acl.h and pg_authid.h.  Everything else would be in acl.h.  So code that
> > currently checks permissions using only acl.h do not need any extra
> > includes.
>
> I propose this patch on top of Adam's v5.  Also included is a full patch
> against master.

Thanks!  I've just read through your changes to Adam's v5 and they all
look reasonable to me.  I agree that having acldefs.h with the #define's
is nicer and cleaner and reduces the amount of including needed for
pg_authid.  I also like that it removes those ACL_X definitions from
parsenodes.h.

Thanks also for the whiteline/line-wrap improvements and user.c cleanup,
nice that we don't need all of those individual variables now that we're
using a bitmask.

> Unrelated: when changing from unified to context format, I saw
> filterdiff fail to produce a complete patch, skipping some hunks in its
> output.  My first impression was that I had dropped some hunks in git,
> so I wasted some time comparing v5 and v6 by hand before remembering
> that Michael Paquier had mentioned this problem previously.

Ugh, that's definitely frustrating..  Will keep it in mind.
Thanks again!
    Stephen