BUG #12203: No password dialog when access the postgresql server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From wangzhipengkmust@126.com
Subject BUG #12203: No password dialog when access the postgresql server
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      12203
Logged by:          Grady
Email address:      wangzhipengkmust@126.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
Operating system:   Red hat 6.5

Hi Master
When i access the postgresql server, no password verfication appear.
My postgresql server[Revision:9.3.5] installed in REDHAT 6.5. I modifed
access method MD5 in the pg_hba.conf. When i used pgadmin and access the
server from localhost, everything is normal(password dialog appear).

The pg_hba.conf was as below:
# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD
local   all             all                                    md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
host    all             all             9.0.0.1/8               md5
host    all             all             172.0.0.1/8            md5

When I use the command in my window7 client:
"psql.exe -U postgres -h9.115.195.245"
After i typed enter, i directly accessed the postgres server. There isnt any
password dialog appear.