Re: Testing DDL deparsing support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Testing DDL deparsing support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 01:43:36PM +0900, Ian Barwick wrote:
> Standard regression tests are helpful because patch authors include new test
> cases in the patches that stress their new options or commands.  This new test
> framework needs to be something that internally runs the regression tests and
> exercises DDL deparsing as the regression tests execute DDL.  That would mean
> that new commands and options would automatically be deparse-tested by our new
> framework as soon as patch authors add standard regress support.

Are you saying every time a new option is added to a command that a new
regression test needs to be added?  We don't normally do that, and it
could easily bloat the regression tests over time.  In summary, this
testing will help, but it will not be fully reliable.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +