Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-12-02 17:25:14 +0300, Alex Shulgin wrote:
> I'd be in favor of a solution that works the same way as before the
> patch, without the need for extra trigger files, etc., but that doesn't
> seem to be nearly possible.  Whatever tricks we might employ will likely
> be defeated by the fact that the oldschool user will fail to *include*
> recovery.conf in the main conf file.

I think removing the ability to define a trigger file is pretty much
unacceptable. It's not *too* bad to rewrite recovery.conf's contents
into actual valid postgresql.conf format, but it's harder to change an
existing complex failover setup that relies on the existance of such a
trigger.  I think aiming for removal of that is a sure way to prevent
the patch from getting in.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services