Re: PG94RC1- plv8 functions - problem with input parameter length - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: PG94RC1- plv8 functions - problem with input parameter length
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2014-12-01 16:20:54 +0100, Misa Simic wrote:
> We have just found that it creates problems on machines with ubuntu 14.10
> (pg94rc1) - we have tried to install 14.10 in different environments
> (cloud, xen, virtual box) - and everywhere problems happens...

I suggest running postgres under valgrind - it tends to be very useful
to analyze problems like this. To do so run valgrind like
valgrind --suppress
valgrind \
    --suppressions=/path/to/source/postgresql/src/tools/valgrind.supp \
    --trace-children=yes --track-origins=yes --read-var-info=yes \
    /path/to/postgres/install/bin/postgres -D ...

You should compile postgres with --enable-cassert to debug.

> Other wierd thing problem hapens just if input parametar length is 200-255.
> 256 work fine.

That sounds a bit like it might be toast related. Maybe plv8's parameter
handling isn't entirely correct?

Greetings,

Andres Freund