BUG #12008: REASSIGN OWNED changes other databases - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From carlos.vasquez@clearcorp.co.cr
Subject BUG #12008: REASSIGN OWNED changes other databases
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      12008
Logged by:          Carlos Vásquez
Email address:      carlos.vasquez@clearcorp.co.cr
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04

Bug explained in stackoverflow
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27003415/postgres-reassign-owned-for-only-1-database).

I am using package 9.3.5-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 in ubuntu 14.04 without any
modification.

If I have multiple databases owned by user1 and I run REASSIGN OWNED BY
user1 TO user2; in 1 specific database, the command also changes the owner
of the other databases that user1 owns. This affects only the databases, not
the objects inside. Only the objects in the open database get changed to
user2 as it should be.