Re: logical decoding - reading a user catalog table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: logical decoding - reading a user catalog table
Date
Re: logical decoding - reading a user catalog table  (Steve Singer <steve@ssinger.info>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Steve,

On 2014-10-28 22:38:29 -0400, Steve Singer wrote:
> On 10/28/2014 01:31 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> >On 2014-10-25 18:18:07 -0400, Steve Singer wrote:
> >>My logical decoding plugin is occasionally getting this  error
> >>
> >>"could not resolve cmin/cmax of catalog tuple"
> >>
> >>I get this when my output plugin is trying to read one of the user defined
> >>catalog tables (user_catalog_table=true)
> >Hm. That should obviously not happen.

I've pushed a fix for a bug that could possibly also cause
this. Although it'd be odd that it always hits the user catalog
table. Except if your tests mostly modify the slony tables, but do not
do much DDL otherwise?

> I'll send you tar of the data directory off list with things in this state.
>
> >Do you have a testcase that would allow me to easily reproduce the
> >problem?
>
> I don't have a isolated test case that does this.  The test that I'm hitting
> this with does lots of stuff and doesn't even always hit this.

If it still happens, could you send me instructions of how to reproduce
the problem after cloning the necessary source repositories? It's quite
hard to validate a possible fix otherwise.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services