Re: On the warpath again about ill-considered inclusion nests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: On the warpath again about ill-considered inclusion nests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> src/include/rewrite/rowsecurity.h, which one would
> reasonably think to be a rewriter header (nevermind its header comment
> to the contrary), nonetheless includes execnodes.h (executor stuff)

I'll fix the header comment.  The include of execnodes.h was a not used
leftover from prior versions.

> and relation.h (planner stuff), neither of which a rewriter header

relation.h was included only for the hook definition, and only for
Relation's definition at that, which should have been coming from
utils/relcache.h instead, will fix that.

> has any business including.  And if that weren't bad enough, it's
> been included into utils/rel.h (relcache),

This is for the definition of RowSecurityDesc.  I'm happy to move that
to a utils/rowsecurity.h instead, following how TriggerDesc is handled.

> This needs to be cleaned up.  If you don't want me doing it with
> an axe, better put some suggestions forward.

If the above is agreeable, I'll get it done tomorrow (err, later today,
at this point).
Thanks!
    Stephen