BUG #11901: Full text search: thesaurus size limit - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From louellet@nrcan.gc.ca
Subject BUG #11901: Full text search: thesaurus size limit
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      11901
Logged by:          Luc Ouellette
Email address:      louellet@nrcan.gc.ca
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
Operating system:   "PostgreSQL 9.3.4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

I work for a national mapping agency and I am trying to build a thesaurus
dictionary loan 300000 lines.
When I go over 65535 lines the query aborts. This problem was already
reporter (see BUG # 7793: tsearch_data thesaurus size limit) and was
corrected with PG 9.2.2. This correction was not spread in the most recent
versions of postgresql.

My pgAdmin can compile a version corrected by updating the tsearch src /
backend / / dict_thesaurus.c
and use uint32 instead of uint16 entry's number in DictThesaurus.
This solution would oblige us to maintain a branch unofficial PostgreSQL and
this is not desirable.

Is it possible that this correction is to formalize and apply it permanently
on the next version of PostgreSQL?

Regards,
Luc Ouellette