Re: pg_dump/pg_restore seem broken on hamerkop - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: pg_dump/pg_restore seem broken on hamerkop
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Buildfarm member hamerkop has been failing in the pg_upgrade regression
>> test for the last several days.  The problem looks like this:
>>
>> command: "C:/buildfarm/build_root/HEAD/pgsql.build/contrib/pg_upgrade/tmp_check/install/bin/pg_restore" --port 50432
--username"Administrator" --exit-on-error --verbose --dbname "postgres" "pg_upgrade_dump_12145.custom" >>
"pg_upgrade_dump_12145.log"2>&1

>> pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
>> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while INITIALIZING:
>> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x93
>>
>> I can't help noticing that this started immediately after commit
>> 0eea804 "pg_dump: Reduce use of global variables".  No idea why
>> the issue is only showing up on this one animal.
>
> I guess one of possibilities is there's garbage in memory which is
> related to restore the process. If so, coverity may be able to find
> something. The last coverity analysis was Oct 12. The commit 0eea804
> was made on Oct 14. So let's see what new coverity scan reports...

The latest coverity scan report did not include paticular defects
related to pg_dump/pg_restore...

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii