BUG #11608: ODBC driver crashes after wrong password entered - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From eric.hill@jmp.com
Subject BUG #11608: ODBC driver crashes after wrong password entered
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      11608
Logged by:          Eric Hill
Email address:      eric.hill@jmp.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
Operating system:   Windows 7, 8

This is more about your 64-bit ODBC driver than the PostgreSQL database
itself.

We are using version 9.03.03 of your 64-bit ODBC driver.  We are finding
that after SQLDriverConnect() with a bad password, the driver becomes
unstable, and a second call to SQLDriverConnect() can (but does not always)
crash with an access violation.  I have not tried the 32-bit driver to see
if that replicates the problem, which means I also haven't tried other
products that support ODBC, because I don't know of any other 64-bit
products with ODBC support.

Thanks

Eric