Re: replicating DROP commands across servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: replicating DROP commands across servers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:

> I'm not really very convinced that it's a good idea to expose this
> instead of just figuring out a way to parse the object identity.

That's the first thing I tried.  But it's not pretty: you have to
extract schema names by splitting at a period (and what if a schema name
contains a period?), split out on ON for certain object types, figure
out parens and argument types and names for functions and aggregates,
etc.  It's just not sane to try to parse such text strings.

> But I expect to lose that argument.

Good :-)