Re: Removing dependency to wsock32.lib when compiling code on WIndows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Removing dependency to wsock32.lib when compiling code on WIndows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 11:29:31PM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 09:18:22AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > What's happening about this? Buildfarm animal jacana is consistently
> > red because of this.
>
> If nobody plans to do the aforementioned analysis in the next 4-7 days, I
> suggest we adopt one of Michael's suggestions: force "configure" to reach its
> old conclusion about getaddrinfo() on Windows.  Then the analysis can proceed
> on an unhurried schedule.

Done.

Incidentally, jacana takes an exorbitant amount of time, most recently 87
minutes, to complete the ecpg-check step.  Frogmouth takes 4 minutes, and none
of the other steps have such a large multiplier between the two animals.  That
pattern isn't new and appears on multiple branches.  I wonder if ecpg tickles
a performance bug in 64-bit MinGW-w64.