Re: replicating DROP commands across servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: replicating DROP commands across servers
Date
Re: replicating DROP commands across servers
List pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund wrote:
> > Here's a patch implementing the proposed idea.  This is used in the
> > Bidirectional Replication stuff by Simon/Andres; it works well.
>
> I think there's been some changes to this patch since july, care to
> resend a new version?

Sure, here it is.

The only difference with the previous version is that it now also
supports column defaults.  This was found to be a problem when you drop
a sequence that some column default depends on -- for example a column
declared SERIAL, or a sequence marked with ALTER SEQUENCE OWNED BY.  The
new code is able to drop both the sequence and the default value
(leaving, of course, the rest of the column intact.)  This required
adding support for such objects in get_object_address.

Attachment