Re: pg_upgrade: allow multiple -o/-O options - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_upgrade: allow multiple -o/-O options
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar  4, 2014 at 04:52:56PM +0100, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> Hello,
>
> RFE:  Consider that you want to run pg_upgrade via some script with some
> default '-o' option.  But then you also want to give the script's user a
> chance to specify the old-server's options according user's needs.
> Then something like the following is not possible:
>
>   $ cat script
>   pg_upgrade ... -o 'sth' $PG_UPGRADE_OPT ...
>
> I know that this problem is still script-able, but the fix should be
> innocent and it would simplify things.  Thanks for considering,

Attached is a patch that makes multiple -o options append their
arguments for pg_upgrade and pg_ctl, and documents this and the append
behavior of postmaster/postgres.  This covers all the -o behaviors.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Attachment