Re: replication commands and log_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: replication commands and log_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit,

* Amit Kapila (amit.kapila16@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > Regarding this, I'm generally in the camp that says to just include it
> > in 'all' and be done with it- for now.
>
> Okay, but tomorrow if someone wants to implement a patch to log
> statements executed through SPI (statements inside functions), then
> what will be your suggestion, does those also can be allowed to log
> with 'all' option or you would like to suggest him to wait for a proper
> auditing system?

No, I'd suggest having a different option for it as that would be a huge
change for people who are already doing 'all', potentially.  Adding the
replication commands is extremely unlikely to cause individuals who are
already logging 'all' any problems, as far as I can tell.

> Wouldn't allowing to log everything under 'all' option can start
> confusing some users without having individual
> (ddl, mod, replication, ...) options for different kind of statements.

I don't see logging replication commands under 'all' as confusing, no.
Thanks,
    Stephen