Re: WAL format and API changes (9.5) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: WAL format and API changes (9.5)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Here's a full version of this refactoring patch, all the rmgr's have
> now been updated to use XLogReplayBuffer(). I think this is a
> worthwhile change on its own, even if we drop the ball on the rest
> of the WAL format patch, because it makes the redo-routines more
> readable. I propose to commit this as soon as someone has reviewed
> it, and we agree on a for what's currently called
> XLogReplayBuffer(). I have tested this with my page-image comparison
> tool.

What's with XLogReplayLSN and XLogReplayRecord?  IMO the xlog code has
more than enough global variables already, it'd be good to avoid two
more if possible.  Is there no other good way to get this info down to
whatever it is that needs them?