Re: check database integrity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: check database integrity
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 02:57:20PM +0200, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> I ran this query in a separate transaction. The memory was freed only
> when the backend process exited.
>
> Is there a way to work around this memory leak?

Why do you think it's a memory leak.  You asked for the full dataset;
you need to have the memory to allocate for it.  At least, that's what
I'd expect.

> expensive locks. Then I could also use it in production. But currently I
> need it only to verify a backup.

If you need to verify a backup, why isn't pg_dump acceptable?  Or is
it that you are somehow trying to prove that what you have on the
target (backup) machine is in fact production-ready?  I guess I don't
really understand what you are trying to do.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca