Re: Cluster name in ps output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Cluster name in ps output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2014-06-28 15:08:45 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> Otherwise it looks good to me.

So, I'd looked at it with an eye towards committing it and found some
more things. I've now
* added the restriction that the cluster name can only be ASCII. It's
  shown from several clusters with differing encodings, and it's shown
  in process titles, so that seems wise.
* moved everything to the LOGGING_WHAT category
* added minimal documention to monitoring.sgml
* expanded the config.sgml entry to mention the restriction on the name.
* Changed the GUCs short description

I'll leave the patch sit a while before actually committing it.

I also think, but haven't done so, we should add a double colon after
the cluster name, so it's not:

postgres: server1 stats collector process
but
postgres: server1: stats collector process

Comments?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment