Re: Index-only scans and non-MVCC snapshots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Index-only scans and non-MVCC snapshots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ryan Johnson wrote:

> As part of a research project, I'm trying to change Read Committed
> isolation to use HeapTupleSatisfiesNow rather than acquiring a new
> snapshot at every command [1].

Are you aware of this?

commit 813fb0315587d32e3b77af1051a0ef517d187763
Author: Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org>
Date:   Thu Aug 1 10:46:19 2013 -0400
   Remove SnapshotNow and HeapTupleSatisfiesNow.      We now use MVCC catalog scans, and, per discussion, have
eliminated  all other remaining uses of SnapshotNow, so that we can now get rid of   it.  This will break third-party
codewhich is still using it, which   is intentional, as we want such code to be updated to do things the   new way.