Re: better atomics - v0.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From andres@anarazel.de (Andres Freund)
Subject Re: better atomics - v0.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-06-25 10:39:53 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 06/25/2014 10:14 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > [sorry for the second copy Robert]
> >
> > Attached is a new version of the atomic operations patch. Lots has
> > changed since the last post:
>
> Is this at a state where we can performance-test it yet?

Well, this patch itself won't have a performance impact at all. It's
about proving the infrastructure to use atomic operations in further
patches in a compiler and platform independent way.
I'll repost a new version of the lwlocks patch (still fighting an issue
I introduced while rebasing ntop of Heikki's xlog scalability/lwlock
merger) soon. Addressing the review comments Amit has made since.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services