Re: Alternative to psql -c ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Alternative to psql -c ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Re: James Le Cuirot 2014-06-25 <20140625144325.49d1124d@red.yakaraplc.local>
> Hello,
>
> I've been using the Chef database cookbook and found it
> frustrating because it doesn't allow you to use peer
> authentication. The client process generally runs as root and
> connects to PostgreSQL using the Ruby pg gem.
>
> I have patched it to shell out to psql instead. This has the

No idea on the "psql -c" part, but I'd try using the pg gem, and use a
.pgpass file along with md5 authentication. If you set the PGHOST env
var (or PGUSER, PGSERVICE, ...), you don't even need to change any
code for that to work with the usual PG default configs.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/