BUG #10338: could not read block - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From hikkis21c@hotmail.com
Subject BUG #10338: could not read block
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      10338
Logged by:          seowoong KIM
Email address:      hikkis21c@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   windows 8 64bit

Hi,

I faced some problem with postgresql server.
there were some errors like

"could not read block 0 in file "base/16393/18592": read only 0 of 8192
bytes"

and some primary key relate with 18592 file

and from other key same problem happen.

this problem happen when I try to insert some data.

I use default configurations.

I have to recovery quicky, so I dump all data and schema and make new
database schema and restore dump file
after restore I work well.

I want to know why some file change to 0 byte file.

when I search this problem, I saw some different persons faced same
problem.
but, some responses are hardware problem.

so, is it really hardware problem??

please response this problem

thanks & best regards