Re: homebrew install bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: homebrew install bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2014-05-15 16:09:11 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Sean Story <sean.story@digitalreasoning.com> writes:
> > I'm having a persistent error in installing postgresql with home-brew. In the verbose output, there was a message
tonotify this address of the issue. I've pasted the output below.

> > checking uuid.h usability... no
> > checking uuid.h presence... yes
> > configure: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: uuid.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
> > configure: WARNING: uuid.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> > configure: WARNING: uuid.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> > configure: WARNING: uuid.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
> > configure: WARNING: uuid.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
> > configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
> > configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ##
> > configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
> > checking for uuid.h... yes
>
> Yeah, this is known bit-rot in the ossp-uuid headers.  Unfortunately that
> project is moribund so getting it fixed properly seems to be outside the
> realm of feasibility.  We're debating our options.

I think the real problem is

> checking test program... failed
> configure: error:
> Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
> related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
> for the exact reason.

There seems to be some additional info in:

> These open issues may also help:
> postgresql failed to build on 10.9.2 (https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/issues/29283)

which also links to
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e23d86fa743c774740ab

contains:

configure:24372: clang -o conftest -I/usr/local/Cellar/ossp-uuid/1.6.2/include -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security
-fno-strict-aliasing-fwrapv
-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/usr/include/libxml2
-L/usr/local/Cellar/ossp-uuid/1.6.2/libconftest.c -lxslt -lxml2 -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lz -lreadline -lm
-luuid>&5
configure:24376: $? = 0
configure:24382: ./conftest
dyld: Library not loaded: @@HOMEBREW_PREFIX@@/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /private/tmp/postgresql-34qV/postgresql-9.3.4/./conftest
Reason: image not found
./configure: line 24384: 72134 Trace/BPT trap: 5 ./conftest$ac_exeext
configure:24386: $? = 133
configure: program exited with status 133
configure: failed program was:

Doesn't look like a pg issue to me.

Greetings,

Andres Freund