BUG #10095: primary key corruption - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From lukecoldiron@hotmail.com
Subject BUG #10095: primary key corruption
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      10095
Logged by:          Luke Coldiron
Email address:      lukecoldiron@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.3
Operating system:   Ubuntu Linux 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" 32bit

I am seeing a problem where different primary keys in my database are being
corrupted.

ERROR:  could not read block 0 in file "base/16407/41243": read only 0 of
8192 bytes

When I look on the filesystem the "base/16407/41243" file is zero bytes.
When I lookup the object name that is currupt via select relname from
pg_class where relfilenode = 41243; it is always a primary key and not
always on the same table.

The system was previously upgraded from pg 8.3.7 and these issues did not
occur.

I haven't tried upgrading to 9.3.4 since it didn't look like any of the bug
fixes where targeted at the issue I am seeing.

Unfortunately, I have not yet be able to create a reproducible test case or
find a log where the issue first appeared. Any ideas would be much
appreciated.