Problem with ZPsycopgDA’s pool - Mailing list psycopg

From Nicolas Boullis
Subject Problem with ZPsycopgDA’s pool
Date
List psycopg
Hi,

I know that Zope support was dropped from psycopg2 but, as far as I can
see on
  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ZPsycopgDA/2.4.6
this list is still referenced for ZPsycopgDA.

Please tell me if this list is not the right place for questions about
ZPsycopgDA (and even better, please tell me if you know a better place
for such questions).

I’m in the process of switching some applications from very old Zope
(version 2.6) with very old psycopg (version 1.1.10) and ZPsycopgDA to
much newer Zope, psycopg2 and ZPsycopgDA.

Unfortunately, I have experienced some failures which looked somewhat
random. After much investigation, the problem seems to occur when 2
clients request a page (that issues SQL requests) simultaneously. Then,
all (or most) clients get failures for a few hours.

My understading is that the second client that requests the page before
the first was served gets a connection from the pool that was not
initialized. Because of that, the character encoding is not as expected,
and data of type datetime is not converted to the right type, leading to
errors in the application.

Is that a known issue? I may try to patch this if needed.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas