Re: GSOC13 proposal - extend RETURNING syntax - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: GSOC13 proposal - extend RETURNING syntax
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Some comments about the patch:
* Coding Style: * multiline comments have both /* and */ on their own lines. * I think several places indent by two
tabs.* Spaces around operators * ...

* Many of the new comments would enjoy a bit TLC by a native speaker.

* The way RTE_ALIAS creeps in many place where it doesn't seem to belong seems to indicate that the design isn't yet
ready.I share Robert's suspicion that this would be better solved by referring to a special range table entry.

Based on the lack of activity around this and the fact that this needs a
*significant* chunk of work before being committable, I am going to mark
this as returned with feedback.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services