Re: BUG #9518: temporary login failure - "missing pg_hba entry" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #9518: temporary login failure - "missing pg_hba entry"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Mike Blackwell wrote:
> ​This particular host is listed in pg_hba.conf by host name rather than by
> IP address.  Is it possible this error is due to an intermittent DNS
> failure?​

Doesn't look like it; that code has this:

    ret = getaddrinfo(port->remote_hostname, NULL, NULL, &gai_result);
    if (ret != 0)
        ereport(ERROR,
                (errmsg("could not translate host name \"%s\" to address: %s",
                        port->remote_hostname, gai_strerror(ret))));

so unless I'm misreading it, you should see an error message in your
server log.