Re: datistemplate of pg_database does not behave as per description in documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: datistemplate of pg_database does not behave as per description in documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> However, that also raises a third option. We could just drop the idea if
> datistemplate completely, and remove the column. Since clearly it's not
> actually doing anything, and people seem to have been happy with that for a
> while, why do we need it in the first place?

It's a bit of extra meta-data which can be nice to have (I know we use
that field for our own purposes..).  On the flip side, I've never liked
that you have to update pg_database to change it, so perhaps we should
get rid of it and remove that temptation.

The other field we regularly update in pg_database is datallowconn...
Would love to see that as an actual ALTER DATABASE command instead...
Thanks,
    Stephen