Re: jsonb and nested hstore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 01:58:14PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> The use case you describe here doesn't sound like something similar to
> full text search. It sounds like something identical.
>
> In any case, let's focus on what we have right now. I think that the
> indexing facilities proposed here are solid. In any case they do not
> preclude working on better indexing strategies as the need emerges.

Keep in mind that if we ship an index format, we are going to have
trouble changing the layout because of pg_upgrade.  pg_upgrade can mark
the indexes as invalid and force users to reindex, but that is less than
idea.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +