Re: BUG #9416: Setting up postgresql-9.1 (9.1.12-0wheezy1) Fails Configuration - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #9416: Setting up postgresql-9.1 (9.1.12-0wheezy1) Fails Configuration
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Patrick Boake escribió:
> You are somewhat correct Tom,
>
> I got it to work after finding out my system was unable to resolve
> localhost.
>
> Once it was able to do that the upgrade went through.
>
> I'm off to find the package maintainer who assumes localhost resolves
> successfully.

Postgres itself assumes localhost resolves.  Why would you make that
fail?

Since we have seen this kind of failure reported many times, I wonder if
it'd make sense to check specifically for inability to resolve localhost,
if only to save troubleshooters' time.