Re: uninterruptable regexp_replace in 9.2 and 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sandro Santilli
Subject Re: uninterruptable regexp_replace in 9.2 and 9.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 02:07:29PM +0100, Pedro Gimeno wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote, On 2014-03-02 05:38:
>
> > The performance problem we're looking at comes directly from the
> > backtracking that's done to ensure that we detect a match in case the
> > pattern has this sort of pathological behavior.
>
> It is my understanding that the bug reported by the OP is not a
> performance problem, but PostgreSQL's failure to interrupt the
> processing if it takes too long, when statement_timeout is set.

Yes, this is my main concern.
Of course it'd be nice to get a faster response, even if ill, but
as long as statement_timeout is effective I'm happy.

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt