BUG #9374: some timzone abbver is missing from pg_timezone_abbrevs that are in pg_timezone_names - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From mark.a.sloan@gmail.com
Subject BUG #9374: some timzone abbver is missing from pg_timezone_abbrevs that are in pg_timezone_names
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      9374
Logged by:          Mark Sloan
Email address:      mark.a.sloan@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.3
Operating system:   CentOS 6.5

postgres=# SELECT * FROM pg_timezone_names   where abbrev = 'WIB' ;
         name         | abbrev | utc_offset | is_dst
----------------------+--------+------------+--------
 posix/Asia/Pontianak | WIB    | 07:00:00   | f
 posix/Asia/Jakarta   | WIB    | 07:00:00   | f
 Asia/Pontianak       | WIB    | 07:00:00   | f
 Asia/Jakarta         | WIB    | 07:00:00   | f
(4 rows)

postgres=# SELECT * FROM pg_timezone_abbrevs  where abbrev = 'WIB' ;
 abbrev | utc_offset | is_dst
--------+------------+--------
(0 rows)

using PGDG rpms.

postgresql-server-9.2.7, or 9.3.3
tzdata-2013i-2

I am not sure if "ALL" of these are supposed to be in pg_timezone_abbrevs.

here is the missing ones.

 abbrev
--------
 AQTT
 CAT
 CHOT
 CVT
 CWST
 ChST
 ECT
 GMT+1
 GMT+10
 GMT+11
 GMT+12
 GMT+2
 GMT+3
 GMT+4
 GMT+5
 GMT+6
 GMT+7
 GMT+8
 GMT+9
 GMT-1
 GMT-10
 GMT-11
 GMT-12
 GMT-13
 GMT-14
 GMT-2
 GMT-3
 GMT-4
 GMT-5
 GMT-6
 GMT-7
 GMT-8
 GMT-9
 GST
 HAST
 HOVT
 IRST
 MIST
 MeST
 NCT
 NRT
 ORAT
 QYZT
 ROTT
 SAKT
 SAMT
 SBT
 SRT
 SST
 SYOT
 TLT
 VOST
 WIB
 WIT
 WITA
 WSDT
 WST
(57 rows)

the WIB one is giving me grief, I am going to push that we convert to always
using timezone names rather than abbreviations, but this looked odd to me.