Re: inherit support for foreign tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> >> NOTICE: Child foregn table child01 is affected.
> >> NOTICE: Child foregn table child02 is affected
> >> NOTICE: Child foregn table child03 rejected 'alter tempmin set
> >> default'
> >>
> >> What do you think about this? It looks a bit too loud for me
> >> though...
> >
> > I think that's a good idea.
>
> I just thought those messages would be shown for the user to readily
> notice the changes of the structures of child tables that are foreign,
> done by the recursive altering operation.  But I overlooked the third
> line:
>
> NOTICE: Child foregn table child03 rejected 'alter tempmin set
> default'
>
> What does "rejected" in this message mean?

It says that child03 had no ability to perform the requested
action, in this case setting a default value. It might be better
to reject ALTER on the parent as a whole when any children
doesn't accept any action.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi