Re: Is anyone aware of data loss causing MultiXact bugs in 9.3.2? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Is anyone aware of data loss causing MultiXact bugs in 9.3.2?
Date
Re: Is anyone aware of data loss causing MultiXact bugs in 9.3.2?  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> I've had multiple complaints of apparent data loss on 9.3.2 customer
> databases. There are 2 total, both complaints from the past week, one
> of which I was able to confirm. The customer's complaint is that
> certain rows are either visible or invisible, depending on whether an
> index scan is used or a sequential scan (I confirmed this with an
> EXPLAIN ANALYZE).

The multixact bugs would cause tuples to be hidden at the heap level.
If the tuples are visible in a seqscan, then these are more likely to be
related to index problems, not multixact problem.