Re: truncating pg_multixact/members - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: truncating pg_multixact/members
Date
Re: truncating pg_multixact/members  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund escribió:

> > > That sounds problematic --- surely StdRdOptions might be something
> > > extensions are making use of?
> >
> > So can we assume that security_barrier is the only thing to be concerned
> > about?  If so, the attached patch should work around the issue by
> > placing it in the same physical location.
>
> Aw. How instead about temporarily introducing AutoVacMXactOpts or
> something? Changing the name of the member variable sounds just as
> likely to break things.

So here are two patches -- the first one, for 9.3 and HEAD, introduce
the new aging variables and use them throughout vacuum and autovacuum,
including per-table options; the second one adjusts the struct
declarations to avoid the ABI break in VacuumStmt and StdRdOptions.

(Actually, for HEAD I needed to fix a failed merge due to the removal of
freeze age params to cluster_rel in commit 3cff1879f, but there's
nothing interesting there so I'm not posting that part.)

Attachment