Re: Changeset Extraction v7.6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Changeset Extraction v7.6
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2014-02-11 11:22:24 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> [loads of comments]

I tried to address all the points you mentioned.

Except:
* I ended up only moving some functions from logical.c to slot.c, not sure
  if it's the right split now.
* I couldn't merge the docs entirely to the commits, that'd be a
  horrible mess right now, since the the new sgml file refers to all the
  tools and output methods. I think that'd make changing things too hard.

News:
* loads of comment, error reporting, documentation improvements
* output plugins now have to specify whether they output data textually
  or in binary so the text SQL interface functions can refuse if it's binary.
* changeset extraction while in recovery is disallowed for now
* some more tests were added
Bugs fixed:
* pg_recvlogical could accidently close stdout if -f - was specified and
  the connection died.
* the WAL reservation wasn't working when initially creation a slot,
  only a bit later.
* typo in pg_replication_slots lead to catalog_xmin not being displayed.
* 8de3e410faa06ab20ec1aa6d0abb0a2c040261ba required some minor changes

Thanks to Christian Kruse for helping me!

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment