Re: [BUG] Archive recovery failure on 9.3+. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: [BUG] Archive recovery failure on 9.3+.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

> I need PostgreSQL9.3 which fixed this problem.
>
> It didn't happen in PostgreSQL9.2, so I agree
> with your proposal which changes are done
> against 93_STABLE and master.
>
> Can you fix this in next release(9.3.3)?

I was going to push to move this a bit, but...

> >> It would be better to zero-fill and switch segments, yes. We should
> >> NEVER be in a position of archiving two different versions of the same
> >> segment.
> >
> > Ok, I think we're in agreement that that's the way to go for master.

I've almost inclined to that but on some thoughts on the idea,
comming to think of recovery upto target timeline, the old
segment found to be necessary for the case. Without the old
segment, we would be obliged to seek to the first segment of the
*next* timeline (Is there any (simple) means to predict where is
it?) to complete the task. Is it the right way we kick the older
one out of archive?

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center