Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-02-12 11:50:41 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2014-02-12 11:39:43 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I'm going to go remove that switch and see if brolga starts failing.
> >> If it does, I'll be satisfied that we understand the issues here.
>
> > The manpage also has a --disable-auto-import, but doesn't document
> > wheter enabling or disabling is the default... So maybe try to be
> > explicit?
>
> Yeah, I was just wondering about that myself.  Presumably --enable
> is not the default, or it would not have gotten added.  However,
> I notice that it was added a long time ago (2004) ... is it possible
> the default changed since then?

Some release notes I just found seem to suggest it is
http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.17/ld/WIN32.html :

This feature is enabled with the `--enable-auto-import' command-line
option, although it is enabled by default on cygwin/mingw. The
`--enable-auto-import' option itself now serves mainly to suppress any
warnings that are ordinarily emitted when linked objects trigger the
feature's use.

2.17 is from 2007, so it's been enabled by default at least since then.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services