Re: specifying repeatable read in PGOPTIONS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: specifying repeatable read in PGOPTIONS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-02-09 12:00:02 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 5:06 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > So I still think we should add read_committed, repeatable_read as aliases.
>
> Like Tom, I'm -1 on this.  This is fixing the problem from the wrong end.

Why? We do have other options with aliases for option values and all
other enum option has taken care not to need spaces.

> But introducing an escaping convention seems more than prudent.

I've attached a patch implementing \ escapes one mail up... But I don't
really see that as prohibiting also adding sensible aliases.

It's just annoying that it's currently not possible to run to pgbenches
testing both without either restarting the user or ALTER ROLE/DATABASE.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services