Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-02-08 17:34:32 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hiroshi Inoue <inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> > Though I'm not a MINGW expert at all, I know dllwrap is a deprecated
> > tool and dlltool is almost a deprecated tool. Cygwin port is removing
> > the use of dllwrap and dlltool now. Isn't it better for MINGW port to
> > follow it?
>
> Only way to make that happen is to prepare and test a patch ...
>
> In the meantime, here's a short patch trying the "#define extern" approach.
> Anyone want to try this on a Windows machine or two?  Or we could just
> commit it in HEAD for long enough to see what the buildfarm says.

I'd be fine with committing it to see what happens.

Any chance you (or better somebody else!) could rename BUILDING_DLL
while at it? The name is really misleading, since it's set when building
the core postgres.

I think that there's a small problem with your patch, namely that you
made the explicit PGDLLEXPORT definition empty, but that's currently
used in fmgr.h for the function and module magic, I think we actually
need those to be __declspec(dllexport)ed when building an extension,
right?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services