Re: Misplaced BKI entries in pg_amproc.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Misplaced BKI entries in pg_amproc.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug  1, 2013 at 10:14:43AM +0200, Antonin Houska wrote:
> While checking something, I noticed that opfamilies 3626, 3683, 3901
> (all btree AM), 3903 (hash) and 3919 (gist) are all defined in the
> section marked as "gin".
>
> (I'm not sure if it helps to deliver a patch - it may be easier for
> the committer to move the items himself than to check if the diff is
> correct)

You are absolutely correct.  I checked your report by comparing
src/include/catalog/pg_amproc.h against this query:

    SELECT pg_opfamily.oid, pg_opfamily.*, pg_am.amname
    FROM pg_opfamily join pg_am ON (pg_opfamily.opfmethod = pg_am.oid)
    ORDER BY 2, 1;

and you are right that the ones you mentioned were in the wrong section.
I also reordered a few so the entries in each section were in increasing
order.

Attached patch applied.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Attachment