Re: Proposal: variant of regclass - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Proposal: variant of regclass
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> It seems fine to me if the new function ignores the specific error of
>> "relation does not exist" while continuing to throw other errors.
>
> Thanks. Here is the revised conceptual patch. I'm going to post a
> concrete patch and register it to 2014-01 Commit Fest.

Before proceeding the work, I would like to make sure that followings
are complete list of new functions. Inside parentheses are
corresponding original functions.

toregproc (regproc)
toregoper (regoper)
toregclass (regclass)
toregtype (regtype)

In addition to above, we have regprocedure, regoperator, regconfig,
pg_ts_config and regdictionary. However I don't see much use
case/users for new functions corresponding to them. Opinions?

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan