Re: BUG #8681: column 'n_tup_del' of pg_stat_user_tables doesn't change in case of truncate - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: BUG #8681: column 'n_tup_del' of pg_stat_user_tables doesn't change in case of truncate
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Anit,

* Anit Chakkarwar (anitchakkarwar@gmail.com) wrote:
> Now n_tup_del = 2, n_tup_ins=120, n_live_tup=20 in pg_stat_user_tables, but
> how can I figure out what has happened to 98 rows?

This is information for statistics- if you need an accurate count,
you'll need to use a trigger and track that information explicitly..
There can be other ways that n_tup_del can end up being inexact.

    Thanks,

        Stephen