Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013-12-05 17:46:44 +0200, Metin Doslu wrote:
> I tried your patches on next link. As you suspect I didn't see any
> improvements. I tested it on PostgreSQL 9.2 Stable.

You tested the correct branch, right? Which commit does "git rev-parse
HEAD" show?

But generally, as long as your profile hides all the important
information behind the hypervisor's cost, you're going to have a hard
time analyzing the problems. You really should try to reproduce the
problems on native hardware (as similar to the host hardware as
possible), to get accurate data. On CPU bound workloads that information
is often transportable to the virtual world.

Greetings,

Andres Freund