Re: PostgreSQL 6.2.5 Visual Studio Build does not pass the regression tests. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 6.2.5 Visual Studio Build does not pass the regression tests.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Shiv Shivaraju Gowda (shivshi) wrote:

> SYMPTOM:
> The following symptom is encountered in PostgreSQL build using Visual Studio:  PostgreSQL regression tests fail with
servercrashing repeatedly with this message in the log file: "PANIC:  could not lock semaphore: error code 0". The
issueis encountered for VS 2005, VS 2008( 32bit and 64bit executables), VS 2010 and VS 2012 built executables.  The
issuewas reproducible with PostgreSQL 6.2.3 and 6.2.5. We didn't encounter this issue in MinGW build or EnterpriseDB
Packagedexecutables (which seems to have been built using VisualStudio 2010).

> (Posible) FIX:
> Either of the following changes to the PGSemaphoreLock function work fine and pass the regression tests.
>
> 1) Replace the call to WaitForMultipleObjectsEx with WaitForMultipleObjects.
> 2) Handle the WAIT_IO_COMPLETION return code same as WAIT_OBJECT_0. There is a similar code like this in socket.c, so
thischange should be safe too.

Is anyone looking into this?