Re: Suggestion: Issue warning when calling SET TRANSACTION outside transaction block - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Suggestion: Issue warning when calling SET TRANSACTION outside transaction block
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:12:43PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Those things are not the same.
>
> Uh, I ended up mentioning "no effect" to highlight it does nothing,
> rather than mention a warning.  Would people prefer I say "warning"?  Or
> should I say "issues a warning because it has no effect" or something?
> It is easy to change.

I should also point out that in 9.3, ABORT outside of a transaction was
documented as issuing a warning, but issued a notice.  git head now
issues a warning.  That might be part of the confusion.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +