Re: appendPQExpBufferVA vs appendStringInfoVA - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: appendPQExpBufferVA vs appendStringInfoVA
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 09:33:59PM +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm low on ideas on how to improve things much around here for now, but
> > for what it's worth, I did create a patch which changes unnecessary calls
> > to appendPQExpBuffer() into calls to appendPQExpBufferStr() similar to the
> > recent one for appendStringInfo and appendStringInfoString.
> >
> Attached is a re-based version of this.

It does not apply anymore, could you resend it?

I am bit suspicious of performance impact of this patch, but think
that it's still worthwhile as it decreases code style where single
string argument is given to printf-style function without "%s".

--
marko